So now we go on to doing something else other than fixating on the gloom and doom of my last post.
Here is totally frivolous post about random things about me.
I got tagged by DeeplyDip over in Sandy Dubai.
Here are the rules for the tag.
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose people to be tagged. Send the person who tagged you, a link to your tag.
When I tag folks it's because I want to know more about you. Also, I am probably bored of gazing at my own navel and want to gaze at yours.
So .... All my readers and blogdosts (great term though I did not coin it), I tag everyone who can sit down long enough to do it. It is because I want to gaze at ALL your navels.
I will now bare my midriff and you can gaze at my navel now.
1. I can crack all my toes and fingers. Very Loudly. Okay TMI... moving on.
2. I get regular manicures and pedicures. I dont like nail polish on my own very short fingernails but my toe nails are always painted.
3. I am a makeup junkie. I have drawersfull of makeup, mostly unopened. Sephora is my favorite store in the Mall.
4. I own exactly 131 pairs of shoes. Yes, I counted yesterday.
5. My shoes are neatly placed heel to toe in see through boxes. I drill air holes in the boxes. The boxes have to be from Container Store. No other brand will do.
6. My closets are very, very neat. Always. On the pain of death. Yes, death!
7. My favorite chore is scrubbing bathtubs and showers. I do my deep thinking when I am scrubbing. Yes, I do windows and clean toilets too. And yes, I scrub all the bathrooms every single day. I have much thinking to do obviously. Else I am just OCD. Take your pick.
8. I love my Roomba. I really do. I have Roomba love.
9. I love to do laundry. Love it, love it. Something about folding crisp, sweet smelling clothes is very orgasmic.
10. My idea of bliss is rolling around naked in " warm just out of the drier" cotton sheets.
11. My sheets must always be atleast 400-600 count long staple egyptian cotton. Yes, they must be Wamsutta brand and they must be bought with the 20% off coupon from Bed and Bath.
12. I do not buy anything if it is not on sale. And yes, I always look online for a coupon before I shop.
13. I have been called cheap and penny pinching before. It is in my DNA I think. I also married a man with WASP New England parsimony in his DNA. We make a fine pair.
14. I play tennis with little technique but great enthusiasm. I bash that ball very hard. Yeah, not subtle, but effective. Works for most things in my life.
15. I was a competitive swimmer and track athlete as a young teen, and probably had a future in amateur athletics. But then I discovered boys! Being chased by them was more fun.
16. I have been told by more than one person that I am exactly like Elaine from Seinfeld. Yeah, I know that was completely random.
17. I like to cook. I do, I do, just not everyday. Just for fancy entertaining.
18. I like perfume and collect it in droves. Unfortunately, I cannot wear any. The husband is extremely allergic to perfume. I can only look longingly at all my bottles.
19. I am not a trained gemmologist but have been around gem knowledgable people all my life. I can usually tell the quality of gems at a glance. And yes, I like emeralds and diamonds.
19. The husband and I are always looking to add to our collection of folk art from around the world. The collection was started by my inlaws and we are sort of inheriting it.
20. I love textiles and collect them when I can. I especially like to collect antique saris.
21. I desperately want an authentic antique parsi garaa sari. I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want. I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want.I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want.I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want.I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want.I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want. You can tell I am desperate. I already have the emerald brooch to wear it with.
22. If you want me to like you, show me good manners and remember to say thank you and please. I dont like boorish people and will cut you off in a second. Yep, superficial that way.
23. I am very involved in womens issues and legislation. I am involved in the political life of my little town. Yeah, mostly as the crazy woman with the imposible demands and loud voice at Council meetings!
24. I once saved a friend from drowing. Yes, really. Pulled her out of the sea, pumped water out of her and all that drama.
25. I am a cancer survivor. Yes, survivor. So everyone dont forget to self exam your entire body and get all the preventive checks you can! Eat cabbage, and carrots and broccoli and love yourself!
Design a Life You Love
7 hours ago